Today is the day that many people face the dreaded return to work after the festive period. Why so dreaded? It's the start of a brand New Year and a whole new list of things to get excited about. Here's a just a few things to get you through the start of those dreary January blues.
1.We have some serious movie releases heading our way this year. From Jackie O, to Beauty and the Beast, Wonderwoman and Star Wars (!!). This is one killer year for the film industry and they come so frequently that there is always something to spice up your month.
2.Awards season starts this Sunday! Yes... this Sunday. All eyes will be peeled on the red carpets of the Golden Globes, BAFTA's, Peoples Choice, SAG and of course the Oscars. Will it be Emma and Ryan who take the lead or Natalie who strikes again? Were still not quite over Leo's win.
3.It is exactly 5 months until it becomes perfectly acceptable to start jetting away on your Summer holiday. That's 149 days, and this is one.
4.Lin Manuel Miranda creates dreams. Can you believe that Hamilton has finally made it across the pond debuting in the Victoria Palace theatre? Whilst we have to wait until November, we all know that wait will be worth it.
5.I'm not sure I could even consider Pretty Little Liars a thing to look forward to. With only half a season left, resuming in April, i'm not ready to give up the outrageous and scandalous adventures of four of our favourite liars, but who is A? That's a question we would all like the answer to... again.
6.Can you believe it's less than a month again until the Superbowl? It forever comes around so quickly. Whether your thinking of the football, the food or Lady Gaga's half time performance, this is one night you won't be able to resist.
7. After a turbulent 2016 we are entering a new era. The era of Trump and Brexit. Whilst this was never many of our desired path we are making history. It's time to play your part and make sure we obtain the best outcome possible. We always flourish when the going gets tough.
8. I may have mentioned movie releases but 50 Shades Darker is in a league of it's own. This is all the scandal we need to get us through the February freeze.
9. Will she or won't she, everyone is waiting to see if the rumours are true. Will Queen B headline Coachella? We can't wait for festival fringe, space buns and outrageous glitter make up.
10. Apple celebrate it's ten year anniversary of the iPhone. Will we see one of the greatest releases in mobile technology to date?
11. Rei Kawakubo will become the first designer, since Yves Saint Laurent in 1983, to become the sole subject of this years Met Gala with the theme Commes Des Garcons.
12. With new music in the line up we can only expect to see tour announcements. The likes of Ed Sheeran, Adele and Taylor Swift are all in our radar. Will we expect to see One direction added to that list?
13. It was in January last year that we first saw the emergence of spray on nail polishes, primarily Nails Inc. One year later they are bigger and better than ever. In a rush, no problem? Having a flawless manicure at all costs has just become one of the most accessible things on the market.
14. The rise of the Instagram story was one of the central talking points when it came to social media discussion last year. With shared similarities to snapchat will we to see show and shop fresh off the runway this coming season? We hope.
15. Companies such as Google and Amazon are believed to be trialling 'food by drones'. Yes this does mean grocery shopping straight to your door by drone. Talk about coming a long way.
16. Greenery is Pantone's colour of the year and I couldn't love it anymore. It's time things got a little brighter and more down to earth. Bring on S/S.
17. Pyjamas in the daytime are all the rage. Well almost. Whether you are going sleek and sophisticated with a slip dress, or wearing a silk playsuit with all the frills, being on trend never looked so good, or felt so comfy. Think of it as a wear your pyjamas to work/party